Friday, March 5, 2010

It's a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.


Unless you've been hiding out in a cave or have been abducted by aliens in the past year, I'm sure you are familiar with this famous quote from the movie "The Hangover". A satchel/messenger bag is always a tough purchase for a man. As my wife would say, it walks a very fine line between "I am a stylin' fashion guy" and "I am ambigously gay". But as funny as it is to some see a guy carrying a "man-purse", it is truly a necessity for others. I for one hate anything in my pockets. Not only is it uncomfortable but who wants to strut multiple bulges in public. I buy tailored pants for the sole purpose of keeping a sleek look and I am not about to ruin it with an iPhone, wallet, or a pack of cigarettes in my pocket.

I currently have a Tumi messenger bag that I use for the office and travel. Would I carry a bag while I'm at the grocery store? Or on my way to the gym? Shopping or eating at the local pizzeria? Probably not. Timing and purpose is the key to successfully carrying a satchel without being questioned. I've been in the market for a new bag for what seems to be like months now. Here are my top choices ...

Mulberry Tan Leather Satchel








Ted Baker Waxed Bag









Yves Saint Laurent Leather Messenger

No comments:

Post a Comment